Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Spooky Halloween Reader Stories

'One night I was sleeping at our old home before we moved.  Many nights we could hear heavy footsteps walking about on the wood hallways and stairs leading to our bedrooms.  But often nobody was there when we checked.  This night my parents went out and only my older sister was with me in the house.  we both went to bed but I could not stay asleep.  Then, I heard those heavy foot steps.  First rather faint and then louder and louder.  Actually it was as if they were getting closer.  I was so scared I pulled the cover over my head.  For a short while I did not hear the footsteps.  And just as I was getting ready to look I heard them again - LOUDER !  This time closer as if they were in the room.  So slow and heavy, and I could swear I hear a person breathing heavily.  Then, it all stopped.  I waited for a while and  when some good time passed I decided to pull the blanket a bit lower and look.  As I removed the blanket, slowly, I had two big scary eyes in front of mine, really really close.  The face of an old ugly man was right in front of mine.  I was startled and so scared I could not move and nor talk.  I wanted to scream for my sister.  But I had no voice and no movement.  The ghost turned around and slowly walked to the door and then he seemed to vanish or disappear.  I was so scared and wanted to go to the bathroom and cry.  Instead, I pulled the cover back over myself and stayed in bed till the morning.  Many years past before I said anything to my sister.  I thought she would think I am crazy or something.  I was surprised when she told me the same thing happened to hear ones, nearly around the same time as it had happened to me.

Grace K.
Glendale, California

No comments:

Post a Comment