Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Why school is important... I guess

So, normally I would totally contribute something else to this magazine.  School, who wants to talk about that?  Unless - a cute guy or girl is involved.  lol  But this is different.  For ever my parents told me to do my best and really apply myself so that I can have a good future, make good money and get a job that I really enjoy.  So, unconnected to this subject I read the paper and found a piece on a Gent from Georgia by the name of Troy Davis, who was up for execution.  He was said to of shot and killed an off-duty police officer in Georgia.  This man has fought the system for twenty years and maintained and plead his innocence till the last seconds of his death.  Apparently, he had many supporters in this.  The story read that the officer's family was very happy to finally have this situation over with and come to piece over the death of their family member.  Hmmmm, so I am thinking about this.  We see many movies and though I am not allowed all movies yet... common we all know a bit more than we should.   So what if he told the truth?  This is the system we believe in?  I think I get why the family is 'at peace'.  They want a person to blame and to hold responsible for the crime.  So, what if it was not that guy, Troy Davis.  This is what they were told and are willing to hold onto.  The police told them so, so it has to be true, right.  But if it is not?  Not true that is.  What if it really was not this man but another officer or somebody the police do not want to expose.  I mean, many people supported Troy Davis.  Many officials who hold some say in the matter.  It kind  of irks me a bit.  This is what I am supposed to believe in?  And follow?  Don't you wonder?  I wonder how much they really investigated?  I mean, police believes police.  Just not all officers are the same, have the same values.  It is actually scary to grow up in this hot mess of a 'Scociety'.  I talked to my parents and it helped a bit.  One thing I took away from that conversation was: WE can change things.  We can become the people who pull strings and are in charge.  What if I would be a lawyer or an investigator - wait, Miami Vice here..lol- and revisit that case.  I guess school is important ... I suppose.  The more education we have, the more credit we get when we take on these jobs.  We always hear we can be anything.  But, I guess, WE can become those people who can better this 'Society'.  Though, somethings we might not be able to change it all.  At least, we have done our best.  Is it all about picking sides?  This thing we call LIFE sounds like a really grumpy video game!  I don't know?  Are you ready to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment