Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

THE GHOST DOG...

I looked out my window as it rained. Watching... Dreaming... Wondering what life might bring to me today...
Well this boring!
I got up from where I sitting and laid down on my bed. I didn't want to, but what would I do? Stuck in my house for almost two hours. Talk about the most boring day ever! As I thought of all the I could do to amuse myself, my door slowly creeped open. I sat up.
"Mom?"
No answer.
"Mom, is that you?"
No answer.
I was about to get up and see who it was, then a little white figure hobbled over to my bed. I sighed with relief.
"Hi, Blue!" I tried.
He wouldn't budge.
"Hello?"
He wouldn't move.
"BLUE!" I yelled, loud enough for the hole house to hear.
Just then, my blue-eyed dog came running into my room. My head began to hurt.
Wait, wasn't he just-
I looked down at where-I thought-Blue had been sitting. There was nothing.
"Weren't you just sitting here?"
I turned to face my dog. He folded his ears back and yawed. I shrugged.
"I guess not!"
Just then, my mom had called my dog. He ran out of my room. I was alone.
Just perfect!
A couple minutes later, Blue was standding at my door.
"Hey, Blue! Want to come in here and-"
I stopped myself. That wasn't my dog. You see, my dog's eyes are blue. That dog's eyes were brown. I yelled for my mom as loud as I could. In a matter of seconds, she was at my door. But it was to late. The dog was gone...

Rachel Wilson, New Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment