Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Stories - Reader Stories

We were quite bored and thought it was a cute idea to bring out the Ouija Board.  My grandma always told me stories how they used it to ask it questions.  At the time, it seemed a fun thing to do for our sleep over.  Little did I know  that I would forget one of the most important things.   We were downstairs, in the living room, and had our sleeping bags all ready to go.  We decided against movies and grabbed a flashlight for some ghost stories.  After a failed attempt to tell stories, we ended up laughing constantly, we came up with the idea to use the Ouija Board.  It was already dark and to keep the 'spooky' mood going we kept the  lights off.  My mom and dad were upstairs in their bedroom.  We pulled the board from under the under-the-stair-storage.  It was quite dusty and a bit bend but totally readable.  We all sat around the board and one of us was holding the flashlight.  At first we giggled and wondered what to ask.  One of us had the nerve to go ahead.  "What is my name?" was the question and we all waited to see what was going to happen.  Nothing.  So another started to ask "Will Justin Bieber marry Selena?", naturaly we all laughed.  Nothing.  Just when we wanted to continue somebody said she felt a cold breeze passing her.  And as we told her we did not believe her my friend was tapping me on the shoulder and pointed to the window.  The window was opening slowly and  and as the wind blew in the curtain looked like it wrapped around a body.  We were scared and decided to put the board away.  As we went to collect the pointer it moved and it appeared to move from one letter to another.  It spelled WHY - I think all of us had enough and we screamed.  My dad came downstairs to see what was going on.  When he saw the board he took it and put in the garage.  He closed the window and said we were imagining things.  We spent the entire night with the lights on and some of us stayed awake.  Days later my mom talked to me about  that night and said that my grandmother used to say that the Ouija Board was no toy.  It lets all spirits in, good and bad, and opens doors to unknown things we can not fix later.  Till this day, my dad never told us where he put the board in the garage.

Katarina Girsh, Fallbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment